Inositol 900mg | 120 Vegetarian Capsules | Adaptogen Research
Adaptogen Research Inositol is one of the most versatile nutrients for promoting brain wellness, a positive and relaxed outlook, and restful sleep. It also is one of the most crucial nutrients for promoting female hormonal health through its role in supporting optimal liver function.
Benefit of Inositol:-
- Supports Emotional Wellness, Behavior and Mood*
- Supports Overall Relaxation*
- Promotes Healthy Ovarian Function*
- Helps Maintain the Proper Metabolism of Serotonin*
- Aid in Attaining a Restful Night’s Sleep*
Inositol is a component of the B-complex family. It is found in many plants and animals. It is also produced in the human body and can be made in a laboratory. Inositol can be found in many forms (called isomers).
The most common forms are myo-inositol and D-chiro-inositol.
- Myo-inositol is the form of inositol found in the central nervous system. It plays an important role in cell membrane formation and serves as part of the phosphatidylinositol secondary messenger system, supporting serotonin, norepinephrine and cholinergic receptor function. As a result, inositol may support healthy mood, emotional wellness and behavior, and help lessen occasional nervous tension. Research also suggests that myo-inositol may help to support healthy ovulatory activity, ovarian function, and reproductive system function.
- D-chiro-inositol is a member of a family of related substances often referred to collectively as "inositol". This stereoisomer of inositol is a critical second messenger mediating cellular responses to insulin. Embedded in cell membranes, D-chiro-inositol is part of a glycosyl phosphatidylinositol complex that is hydrolyzed into two bioactive molecules upon exposure to insulin. These molecules regulate glucose disposal by activating pathways in which glucose is either converted to glycogen for storage or oxidatively metabolized to produce energy.* Studies show D-chiro-inositol is involved in proper insulin and glucose metabolism and may have a role in maintaining normal lipid profiles, cardiovascular function, and ovarian function.* It may also help regulate inflammatory stress and modulate serotonin activity.*